Monday, June 16, 2014

"The end is Nigh, "Go Forth With Faith, & Charity Never Faileth!"

Blog!!
Oh man... today after leaving a cookout, like any other average preparation day, and heading to the post office, it happened.... I hit the steering wheel and I was like, "HOLY COW ELDER, I'M GOING HOME IN TWO DAYS? WHAT ON EARTH?" Haha! it was a crazy moment... I'm completely NOT trunky right now, but just a step above really excited for the next little bit on my mission... I honestly wish that I could've had more time, but I know that I've received a confirmation from The Lord,  that I've been able to do and accomplish what it is He had me to find and do out here.

 I've been so blessed to have been used as a tool in the Lord's hands to be able to see people change through the Holy Ghost. I know that all that I've done when we've seen success, is let the Holy Ghost speak, free of the filter that we tend to put on it when we want things to go our way, thinking it's close enough to his. I feel through most of my mission, I've seen some of the missionaries that I've worked closely with change. I've found Lifelong friends among those who have served here in the great NCRM mission, and I know that I'll be able to see a lot of them very soon! It's a blessing to have been able to grow with them so much... I still remember like it was yesterday sitting with President Bernhisel at a table in the MTC, (plus we talked about it a couple days ago in our zone merit which hosted Elder Cortbridge), when we told him that we were missionaries serving in the NCRM mission, and he chuckled and said that he'd be the new mission president!  Haha, fancy that... It kind of freaked us all out at first, but it's a good laugh now. IT was hardest to hear it from President's lips at our zone meeting, when he said, "Well Elder Langford, It's hard to say this, but I'll be seeing you Tuesday."  That just sunk down into the depths of my heart, hearing my priesthood leader, the one who had given me the authority to serve in this area, to say that the end was Nigh... You know I've been pondering it a lot, and the Mission is a great depiction of real life. Before we come, we kind of prepare, we never really can fully understand what we're about to hurl ourselves into, just like the Pre-existance. I don't remember too much from up there, but I am seeing the development of the traits that I had up there develop as I've been out here! Just like how we came as little children into this world, with a baby sized testimony, we all go through the experience coming into the mission, learning how the gospel really works, and how spiritual development is more of something felt and lived, then read and recited. As we prepare others, we learn that serving them is the Only way to prepare ourselves as well to "meet God and perform our labors" (Alma 34:32).
In the last sacrament meeting in my mission, we sang, "Go forth with faith", and these words stood out to me, and I felt them stronger than ever before... 

"Go forth to serve and do your best
With no thought of reward;
Then you shall know the boundless joy
Of serving Christ, the Lord."
I want to testify to all of you that I've felt the Pure love of Christ. I've been through almost every trial imaginable, but because of it, I have seen the blessings that come from consecrated service. I will never forget the people that I've touched, and I will never forget that He lives! that He has given us everything through his boundless sacrifice! His atonement is all encompassing, and there is nothing that we could ever do to seperate ourselves from his reach. There is never a point too far on the road or our digression that he has not descended to, for he has "descended bellow all things" and He "treadeth the winepress alone". His blood was poured out in anguish, as described, just as the fruit of the winepress, and he did it alone, without the World watching. He has conquered all for the sole reason of our redemption and benefit. " Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." (1john3:16). The greatest Joy, which I hope and pray for stays as my guide for the rest of my life, comes from the service of others. To "never weary of good works" and to find "rest to our souls" (Alma37:34). 

If I've learned anything, it is that I really know so little about the Kingdom of Heaven, but this I do know, that "charity never faileth" and that it will be "well with him" in the kingdom of heaven that is possessed with it in the last day. 
Just love people! Don't be afraid to do anything and everything you've ever thought you couldn't do. Not "any other creature" can seperate us from the Love of God but ourselves. I promise he is always waiting to comfort us. He is always knocking. I've been so blessed to see the faces of people, and the lives of them as well, completely change as they have taken upon themselves the desire to become as Christ and to change as he has. I will never be able to repay the Savior, I will always be an "unprofitable servant", just as I will be to my parents, but giving all I have, has changed me, and it's changed all those I've been able to serve around. I understand that this is his work, and it doesn't end when I get home!  100% home teaching! whoo!!! Haha!! 

 I not only look forward to doing the work, but it's my desire. I've prayed throughout my whole mission, for an everlasting desire to simply do good, and do his will.  I can hope that he in his infinite mercy, has shown me how :) All I want to do is help others! All I want to give is my best to everyone! "

"And I am filled with charity, which is everlasting love; wherefore, all children are alike unto me; wherefore, I love little children with a perfect love; and they are all alike and partakers of salvation." (Moroni 8:17). 
I promise that he will always Give us a love that is deep, give us a "remission of our sins", as we serve him, keep the commandments, and share the gospel with others. His love is real and everlasting. What more could we want? :)  What more could we desire in this life? :) I LOVE my Savior! He is my best friend, my guide, my rock, and my purpose in this life, not just the mission.   

I love you all so much, and hope to give you all the love, gratitude, and thanks you all deserve :) I love you!  I'd write more but  it's 6:00 pm!!!  *ahem* 

Well, cya soon I guesssss? 
Love,
Elder Langford

No comments:

Post a Comment