Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"Justin Beiber" gets Transferred and Moves!
Update: December 17, 2012
HEY EVERYONE!!  THIS IS KRISTI.  SO MUCH TO JEFF'S SURPRISE, APPARENTLY HE WAS TOLD YESTERDAY BY THE MISSION PRESIDENT THAT HE WAS GOING TO BE TRANSFERRED TOMORROW MORNING (TUESDAY).  HE HAS NO IDEA WHERE HE WILL BE GOING/LIVING AND WON'T FIND OUT UNTIL HE GETS PICKED UP TOMORROW.  CRAZY!!  DUE TO THIS, PLEASE DISREGARD THE ADDRESS THAT I SENT TO YOU LAST WEEK.  IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO MAIL TO JEFFREY FROM NOW ON, MAIL IT TO THE ORIGINAL ADDRESS WE HAD AT THE MISSION OFFICE:     ELDER JEFFREY LANGFORD
                  NORTH CAROLINA RALEIGH MISSION,
                  6508 FALLS OF NEUSE, STE 100,
                  RALEIGH, NC  27615-6845
                            
Family and Friends,
Ok, so bad news… I left my planner, which has all my notes on what to write to you this week… which was a lot of stuff… hmmm… So,  I guess I should mention first off that I’VE BEEN
TRANSFERRED!! Luckily for us… they told us that we weren’t going to be transferred out of our trio, so we got allllll settled into our new apartment.  Now they’re bringing in an extra elder
to fix the trio, putting me in a new area, and making two of the elders (Elder Clegg and whoever his new companion is) move back all their stuff (beds desks couches) to the old apartment
to separate again :D so it’s been nutz. President told us last week that there was literally a 10 percent chance of us getting transferred, and we are.  So the trio is broken up, and I won’t
have any idea what part of North Carolina I’ll be in until later tomorrow when I’m putting my bags in a stranger’s car with a new companion heading there! Woot, woot! Sadly enough I
have to say good bye to my ward, which will be missed for Christmas, but the Lord has called me elsewhere, and we’ll see how that goes! It’s been soo weird to really comprehend… to
think that I’m really leaving this area that I’ve basically been in for for six months… like weirder even than leaving home…  I don't know  how to really describe it… but I’m anxious to see
what’s coming up next! The saddest thing is that I don’t get to see the five people we’ve been working hard with get baptized the end of this month, early January and mid February… I
know for a fact though that Elder Clegg will keep them and the ward in good hands!  He’s been prepared from the beginning and it definitely shows!
Some miracles before I left were really powerful! We were teaching this part member family, and he was really less active,and she was just so curious and eating up everything that we told her, and really taking the time to read, and find the answer for herself. We were teaching her the plan of salvation, and we talked about what the atonement is to her, and how it applies to her, and she just started crying…. Like balling… it was so inspiring to see how the spirit was working inside of her… she truly experienced a witness from the Holy Ghost of the truthfulness of the gospel and the Book of Mormon. She said “ I know for myself now that these things are true, and that there is a force literally pulling on me right now to just learn as much as I can about it, and continue to progress” she committed to baptism on the 23 of January, and is making leaps and bounds to get there. Truly a miracle!
Another thing that’s been incredible to see, is the ___ family, after being baptized, they have fully been involved in the church, and have make such incredible leaps and bounds in all that they do. The father has been struggling trying to get a job and quit smoking, but it really trying his best to stay on top of things, and has set a goal for himself, for the purpose of becoming a member and following Jesus Christ, to quit smoking, and continue to have the drive to do what’s necessary to keep on changing his life. He’s a changed man, and to see just how his whole countenance  has changed is such a blessing to see. So inspiring. The little kids gave me a couple hand made Christmas cards to go home with. Can’t argue with that ;)
Someone… aka both my companions, now spread the news faster than wildfire, that they think I look like Justin Beiber… so now… like everyone in the ward thinks I look like Justin Bieber!! Pretty gay… it’ll never leave me… someday! All the young women give me crap. It’s great.
Well, saying goodbyes were pretty intense.   With Bro P… that was such a touching moment that I’ll never forget.. We went to stop by on the last day, to let him know that I was leaving, and I bore my testimony  to him of the truthfulness of all the things which we had said, and that we had said them truly for you benefit. He was obviously on a lot of pain pills and a little out of it, so we asked if we could close with a prayer. He said that he wanted to say the prayer, which he never does, especially when he’s drugged,  because he feels uncomfortable, but he asked if he could say a prayer for me as I left. It was one of the most heartfelt prayers I’ve ever heard hands down. It was so simple, and with many giant pauses because he was so out of it, but he was just sobbing, as was I..  and wow… it was one of the most touching moments I’ve had… I asked if I could say a prayer for him, and it was led by the spirit. Afterwards we got some pictures, and he asked for my nametag so he could always remember me. He made me promise to come back and visit. (not too hard). I hope and pray that I’ll be able to follow through with that. He’s asked me to give the prayer at his funeral, and I pray that I’ll be able to see him at least once more before that moment. I know that God loves Bro. P so, so much, and Elder Clegg and his new companion are going to do all that they c an to help him be baptized. If the opportunities lost, I’ll be doing his temple work very soon. It’s moments and times like these where you really realize what effect you can have as a representative of Jesus Christ. I wish I had more time, but I have to go today. It’s been good to have a second to ponder about this area. My first, my area, and to see, the incredible progression that has happened since the day I got here. So many more people are so engaged in the ward, and miracles are being brought into the ward family.  I’m so blessed to have served in such a great area, and I know that this is not good bye forever! Haha I Love you all so so much! Focus on what things make the season truly jolly this year! Thank you all for your much felt love and support, and thank you for the examples you’ve been for me to follow, and build my testimony off of for so many years! I wish you the best of luck and love in all things! Till next week! Love you!  Elder Langford
PS Totally forgot, today’s going to be absolutely crazy packed so I sadly will have no writing time at all…. So, I will be writing from my new area next Monday! Thank you all for being amazing! Cause, you kinda are, and stuff. Bye.~!

No comments:

Post a Comment