Sunday, July 8, 2012



WEEK 2 IN THE MTC......
 
 
 
 
Jeffrey (Elder Langford) continues to love the MTC.  It's fun to have pictures to put with the names and stories.  We got another letter today and I will share excerpts from that.  
 
June 25
"Last week of P Day! Spent they whole time writing everyone! haha can't wait to get more letters from all of you!!  Just a good P day, and kinda stressful with writing 12 people but i got it done! great to hear from all of you!!!"



(He has been great about writing everyone back.  We love to get his letters!)






June 26: " We had to get up super early cause our gym timewas scheduled at seven in the morning. Early morning soccer and  running are a good way to start the day out! Had a great break fast, and then a SALAD  for lunch. a SALAD! It was good I admit it. I'm turning over a new leaf! literally.... Then we taught some TRC.  We had a great study on the book of mormon! gotta love 2 Nephi 25 :26-28! (hope that's right) we taught an investigator the plan of salvation, and it worked out really good! She understood it pretty well!! Had a really good talk about just setting an example for the church in a positive way in all ways and everything that we do! great day! Wish I had more time to write about it!"
 
 
 (Jeff is working hard to keep in shape).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
June 27
He used to eat the entire jar of these as a little kid!
"Woke up at five thirty to do service! We cleaned bathrooms for an hour, and then got some good breakfast! We talked about stress management today, and I feel like i;'m really doing a good job! I haven't really gotten overwhelmed, and I"m staying really organized! We talked about how we really need to invite people to baptism every single time we come! kind of a crazy thought, but it make sense. For lunch, oh gosh..... they.... had.... MARASCHINO CHERRIES!!!! I GOT A WHOLE CUP AND WENT AT IT!!!!!!That was nice. almost as healthy as a salad ;) We then talked about charity, and being bold. Having bold charity was a really cool idea to me, and I really hadn't thought about that before.... I love how it works. Charity doesn't always mean being completely in agreement with anything they say, but really being bold as Jesus was to everyone! If you read, he really lays down the law, but is still a perfect example of charity! I really took that to heart, and has been a really cool revelation for me Awesome! Again such a strong testimony of teaching by the spirit!  Love it!"
 
June 28
Today we had bacon for breakfast, and then had gym time right afterwards! Then to lunch, they didn't have salad, but chili dogs, and they were super good.  I may have had a few, and then we got mail, and in the maill...... WAS A HUGE THING OF CHIPS AND SALSA FROM LOS HERMANOS!!! ahhh sooooo goood! haha I ate like the 24 ounce thing of salsa in that same day. soooo good! Another thanks to the Ballifs!! You guys are keeping me alive! That was sooo good!! Plus the scotcherooos were amazing too! Thank you!!!! We also had a really good discussion with Patrick and we really felt the spirit! Sooo amazing!!! We committed him to baptism and he accepted. Again, it's all about the spirit and letting the people know that you really love and care about them. That's how successful teaching is done! Oh and funny story, we were walking back from the field from a gym day and we saw some immodest joggers on the other side and so I cried out OH SATAN!! WHY DO YOU TEMPT ME?!"
Jeffrey is very sad the salsa is gone!
 
 
 
(Jeff's favorite Mexican Restaurant is Los Hermanos and I think he was very sad to be at the bottom of the salsa container).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

June 29:  "Bought a water bottle, and now I drink like two gallons of water a day. it really works when you buy one, cause you always use it! funny how that works. Great lesson on prayer, and how we should let the investigator feel the importance of it, and we should really get them to pray for us. So true, and I've seen that work, creating more love from us, and from god! We tried it in a discussion and it really works!!! Finished Matthew, loved it.   Marked it up good with some thoughts, and really like how we teach with the fear of God, not of man. Back to bold charity. It's really made a difference as I've strtived to use and feel it more! Gym was great as always. Gave my companion a blessing tonight, and I felt such a strong spirit.... I just felt what to say and it was surreal. I'm so happy to be here and every day just makes me more ready to get out of here and start serving the people of Raleigh!!!"
 
June 30
"Pretty normal great day here!  No time so I'm just gonna talk about tomorrow cause it was awesome!!!"
 
July 1
 "Fast sunday...... the longest, most painful day of my life!!! It felt like forever! Bore my testimony though, I could really feel the spirit guiding me through it, giving me things to say and organizing my thoughts.  Amazing how that really works!!! Then a three.... hour.... mission conference....  Elder Nash gave a lesson on  the apostacy and the restoration! Went really good! Preparation makes a difference! Then we had a great walk around the temple, a nap, and then DINNER!!!! oh that felt good!!! Then we had an amazing fireside as soemone impersaonating someone from Jo Smith's time, and that was great, Then right after  we sang, " Praise to the man", and we all stoood, and there were so many of us, and I've never felt the spirit so strong as I did then!!! Then we watched the Jo Smith movie, and again I just had such a true feeling of how true everything is, the prophet, the gospel, the blessings my family and friends are recieving, and how this is such a divine cause I have !!! I love you all1!! out of time!!!!! till next time! Love youuuuu!!!!!!!"








No comments:

Post a Comment