Monday, October 8, 2012

Elder Langford's Weekly Update/General Conference Reaction:  October 8, 2012 

Hello Everyone,
Well bad news, I left my planner with all these great things to write at a member’s house on base last night… no bueno… Sadly that planner also had everything I wanted to write back! But obviously this crazy spin of events has put a lot of my time writing family today, so I don’t have too much time to write today anyways :/
First off, training’s been great! Again probably one of the hardest things that I’ve had to do in my whole life, but also one of the most rewarding! I got extremely lucky as well! My companion, Elder Clegg, from Eagle Mountain UT, is awesome! He came out of the MTC, and he’s ready to go and get to work! They’ve been stepping up their teaching down there, and sending out better and better missionaries every time!! He’s bold, and he’s ready to go out and get to work!  We’ve had a really diligent week and have done all we can to use the Lord’s time as wisely as possible!!  Man I had great things to share, but I guess this means I’ll have to squeeze two weeks into next week’s letter.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THE NEW MISSIONARY AGE RULES?!! Haha the sister missionaries were a little mad, saying “I could’ve been done already!” Haha, good stuff. But wow so that’s pretty crazy, and pretty relevant to me. I believe two things though. One being that it was very inspired and bold to drop the ages down. It’s sooo hard in that year when you’re getting ready to go, and a lot of good Young men fall in that scary area. Taking that gap out will produce much success and so many more worthy young men to come out and serve their God! Also the sisters!!! In an instant, I could no longer be the only one out here! That pretty much blew my brains right out of my mind! Crazy stuff!! But in fact, awesome. Number two, is the fact that I know that I was meant to leave at the time that I did. How things have worked out, the experiences I’ve had at college, the people that I’ve met and come to love, and the growth that I so needed before I left, have been so key to my success out here. I’m so grateful for how it’s all worked out and in that aspect have no regrets. It is odd to think though that at this very point, I already could be out for more than half of my mission… that’s a weird, weird, thought!!
Well, wish I had more time, but I do want to leave you with one thing, and that is an invitation to EVERYONE who is able to serve, to GO OUT AND DO IT!!!!! This is such an exciting time to be a missionary, and I feel we shouldn’t waste this privilege of time that the Lord has blessed us with!!  I love you all sooo much, and know that so many of you are going to be outstanding missionaries even sooner than later!!! Have a wonderful week! Be prepared for a huge blog of miracles, blessings, spiders, drugs, lost toes, cereal, and other awesome stuff next week! LOVE YOU!!! 
 Elder Langford

 

No comments:

Post a Comment