Monday, October 1, 2012

BIG NEWS FROM ELDER LANGFORD!
October 1, 2012 

Hello Everyone,
Ok so I don't have a lot of time, but wow I have a lot to say!!!  I'll do my best to get it all out on the table here...
 
We had a great FHE with a family in the ward, and we brought along a less active member with us.  He really liked it! Even though they had young kids, and they were in and out of the lesson, it really showed me the importance of the time, and to help families come closer, and learn more about our Savior. Awesome!
 
Also, one of our investigators got all of his toes cut off because of Gang-green.  Poor guy. He's been doing good though! Hopefully we'll get to see him this week!
 
I had another exchange taking over the area with another missionary for the day, and that went great! Real confidence booster!
 
We also had a really healthy dinner one night with peas, carrots, dairy free bread, RASPBERRYS :D, and cucumber tomato lasagna! Not too bad, felt full but not fat for once after the dinners here!
 
We've been talking to an investigator that's been solid, and she's a heavy smoker, but we'll see if she makes the decision to quit next week! It'll be a big lesson!
 
Haha, this is for Nate and Michael Freeman more than anyone, but look up James 4:14, and see what Kansas song pops in your head ;) Haha found that a couple days ago just reading over it.

We had dinner with the bishop on a Tuesday night, and I said the prayer to leave. For some reason, I don't know why, I said, "we;re grateful for this wonderful sabbath" hahaha we had a good laugh about that for a while... my bad! Prepare everyday for it! That's the message!
 
We had also the amazing experience of seeing someone offer up their very first vocal prayer. It was incredible, and he said he felt the difference. He said if he would learn more and know it better, he'd accept baptism! Great experience!
 
We were also talking to someone on their porch.  At first he was a little stand-offish, but he finally said it was just a hard time because his brother was  having surgery. He was about 50 as was his brother. I asked if we could offer a prayer for him with him, and he accepted. So we prayed, and then he said, "come sit down."  We had a great conversation with him and are meeting with him on Tuesday! Awesome experience! Great man, and a true seeker of.... Truth!!!
 
New Senior Companion!
Ha, Okay,  I've been kind of all over the place, and I would write more about them, but I don't have a lot of time!  PLUS... there's big news from transfers this week............. Hahaha so Friday night we got a call from the President, and first he said, "I need to talk to Elder Fowkes in private, then Elder Langford". I thought, holy crap, what does that mean?! So Elder Fowkes stepped out and talked, then he handed me the phone smiling all giddy and what not.  President Bernheisel said "Elder Langford! We'd like to extend a calling to you! We've called you to be a trainer this upcoming transfer!". I'M TRAINING A BRAND NEW MISSIONARY!!! I've only been out here 3 months, just barely finished mine, and now I'm taking over the area as senor companion, and training a new missionary at the same time!!! HOLY COW.... hahaha.  This is probably going to be one of the hardest, if not the hardest things I've done in my entire life so far... I'm training him from scratch, and I just came from scratch! It's like Emmalee teaching someone how to drive! ahhhhhhhhh! I'm way freaked out, but so excited at the same time! That's going to be such a crazy responsibility, and will require all of my love, patience, faith, hope, diligence, and everything else that I can muster! Literally this will be the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm so grateful for the chance to grow exponentially from it, and am going to remain extremely positive through it!  Someones mission experience starts and is very centered on their time with me. I have a lot of trust on my hands with this, and am going to do my VERY best to train this newbie! Again he's going to teach me more than I could ever teach him, and I hope that I can do all I can to sufficiently prepare him for this!  My trainer was 14 months old! I'm 3!!!!!  So we'll see how that goes!!! I get to find out who he is on Tuesday, and then I'm taking him back!  On that same day, we have two lessons already planned, so he's getting his feet wet right away! I've been reading and pondering Moroni 8:16 about fearless love to do all I can to help him grow, and D& C  58, about being always anxiously engaged in a good cause, and never being compelled to do what's right, and never being slothful or an unwise servant... Keep me in your prayers and wish me luck!!! Haha this is gonna be CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm having my first Kid... anyway Love you all soooo very much, and we'll all just see how this goes won't we? Haha ah man. Hope he doesn't die or something. I'd feel pretty bad.  
Love, Elder Langford


No comments:

Post a Comment